An easy and tasty way to change-up your morning oatmeal is to add different fruit to it. I have a lot of different combinations, but this one is one of my favorites.
Serves 1 to 2
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 small banana
- walnuts (optional)
- plant milk (optional)
- Add oatmeal, water, raspberries, and half of the coined banana to a sauce pan set to high heat.
- When the oatmeal starts to boil, stir it constantly. You will begin to see the fruit break down and your oatmeal will turn pink.
- When everything is broken down, turn heat to medium and stir for a 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour it in a bowl and top with the rest of the banana and any other toppings of your choosing. I like to add a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk to cool it down. Enjoy!
*Use gluten-free oats for GF option.
Nutrition facts for one serving