Continuing with the bliss balls theme, this was the recipe I originally wanted to try when I came up with the Double Chocolate Bliss Ball recipe. Now that I have been able to find raw, unsalted cashews it’s cookie dough time!
Just four ingredients in this recipe-these bliss balls taste just like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabars, which was the goal. You could flatten these into bars, but I feel like rolling them into balls is easier than messing with parchment paper.
When I was mixing the chocolate chips in I was struck by how much the dough looked like traditional cookie dough…. so I’m kinda wondering how well these would do in the oven… hmmm…
Makes about 21 balls
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates (about 21 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients–except the chocolate chips– in a high-powered blender and blend on high. First the mixture will look crumbly, but keep blending until a dough-like ball forms and you no longer have any large junks of dates or cashews remaining.
- You can then either add the chocolate chips and blend on low until they are mixed in or you can fold them in by hand. If your blender has been on for a while, the chocolate chips might start to melt from the heat of the blender-so FYI.
- Roll the dough into bit sized balls and store in an airtight container for up to one week. I prefer to store them at room temperature, the balls will firm up too much in the refrigerator.
Nutrition facts for 1 serving